The Belgian Society of Cardiology (the “BSC“) operates BelgianHeartFoundation.be and may operate other websites. It is the BSC’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Last updated: 2018/01/01
- Website Visitors
- Like most website operators, BSC collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. The BSC’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use its website. From time to time, BSC may release aggregated non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
The BSC also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on BelgianHeartFoundation.be sub sites. The BSC only discloses logged in user and related IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that related IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
- Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
- Certain visitors to BSC’s websites choose to interact with the BSC in ways that require the BSC to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that is gathered depends on the nature of the interaction. Those who engage in transactions with BSC are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, the BSC collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with the BSC. The BSC does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
- Aggregated Statistics
- The BSC may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. The BSC may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, the BSC does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
- Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
- The BSC discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on the BSC’s behalf or to provide services available at BSC’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organisations may be located outside of your home country; by using the BSC’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. The BSC will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, the BSC discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when the BSC believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of the BSC, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an BSC website and have supplied your email address, the BSC may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with the BSC and related services. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. The BSC takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
- Business Transfers
- If the BSC, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that the BSC goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of the BSC may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.